Monday, April 9, 2012

Geocaching on Good Monday

Worked on the vdub adjusting the rear brakes. check out that jack, got it from a GMCer. Nice two stage. The jack stand, another GMCer built me 4 of those to hold up the coach when working under it. The wheel polish, got that from a GMCer. Oh, the paint job on the bug, yea, painted by a motorhome painter that does GMCs. I guess you coulod say the vdub is a GMC assisted car.

Oh yea, they were ready to go.

Today was geocaching with Marci Claire. She finds lots of them that grandpa overlooks.

I was out in the weeds when I hear her hollar, "grandpa, I got it".

Our geomobile in Sikeston this afternoon.

Took us a while to locate this one. Coords were not reading properly. I got blackberry thorns in my skin. We freed a Robin here also. It had fishing line wrapped around one leg and then that was wrapped around a tree limb. Not sure how it got itself in such a predicument,

The girl found this one too.

Now, can you see why I like taking one of the kids geocaching with me? Found a snake in the water as we were climbing out of here.

Number 7 for the day and our last one in Sikeston. Guess we will head down to Kennett next. Teri flies out for Portland Saturday so next week I will need to stay busy. Told the kids this evening we will do some real caching while Grana is gone.
Our good Monday spent productivly. Hope your's was as much fun as mine.
Dan
http://aprs.fi/?call=wd0afq

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM , Blogger RICK said...

Dan, looks like your grand daughter is in the middle of that poison oak growing up the side of that tree.

All I have to do is look at it, and it gets me.

Rick.

 
At May 22, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Blogger miker said...

this is not related to your blog, but more FYI. the use of spacers puts extra strain on front wheel bearings.looking forward to seeing you on the road.mike

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home