Saturday, April 14, 2012

St. Louis to Portland via Chicago

Check out this phone. Our good friend Gary Berry up in Washington State sent this to us. Said he had a new one and this one was not being used. We have "fired" it up. Got wifi so it can do about anything an ipad can do. This is the Iphone. Thanks Gary.
Teri and I left home at 6 am heading to St Louis. She hopped on a plane and is heading to Portland. Going to help her father move back home after his long recovery. I am atching her flight on line now to see when she lands.
Started raining like crazy about 40 miles south of the airport. Coming home it rained on me all the way to Perryville.

My plan was to start geocaching in St. Genevieve and St Mary. But, the rain said no. So I kept rolling south. Just as I got to Perryville the rain stopped so I jumped off the interstate and began my hunt. Check this one out. Bolt on a magnet holds the log.

If you look real close you can see water shooting out of this tube near the ground. I had to carry a gallon of water over 300 yards to get this one. Held my fingers over 3 holes and floated the cache up and out.

Check out that post.

Now look at it. Clever. The cache is up inside a hole in the upper part.

Well hidden.

Behind a scoreboard. there were 3 caches in this sports park.

There is a small wire holding this one to the cap.

Oh man, I could not find this one back in December. Felt kinda stupid when I pulled up today. Right there it is. This is in a park in Cape.

Reached up in here and grabbed the cache. Something was biting my fingers. Pulled it out and found sand burs all over my fingers. this is a new cache hidden last week not far from Dexter.
Well, I see Teri is over the middle of South Dakota now. She flew to O'Hare from St Louis. Then, she got a flight direct to Portland. The tracker says she will land in less than 2 hours. I always feel much better when I know she is on the ground.
Very windy here today but sunny and warm, 83 degrees. Had the car air on coming home the last few miles.
Teri flies back in about midnight next Sunday. She always cooks up my meals before she leaves so I have plenty.
Hope you are enjoying good weather where you are.
Dan
http://aprs.fi/?call=wd0afq

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home