Monday, July 2, 2012

Buy American When You Can

Yes, I admit that I watch my money, but I like quality. When I can, I buy American made products, or at least from an American company. I am a veteran, my son and brother are veterans, and, my father was a Korean War Veteran.  Maybe that is one reason I like American made. Take a look at the above picture. That is a gauge I bought for the Vibe about 5 years ago from a company in Mesa, Az. A couple of years ago the back light failed. Can't read it in the dark. Yesterday I decided it was time to get it fixed. I emailed the support folks for ScanGauge. I got a response early this morning, send it back for free repair. Can't beat that. There is a Chinese meter for half the cost of this one. Ain't no way I will buy it when I am treated like this by the ScanGauge folks. Fantastic Vents are the same way. They make fans for rv's. You buy their fans and you are warrantied for life. I was selling American made LED lights for the rv's. Yes, they cost a little more than the Chinese', but not much. Lifetime warranty. Some of my friends turned up their noses when I gave them the price of a unit. It is beyond me. Why buy junk when you can buy quality, buy it once, and be done?  No, we can not always buy American but when I can, I will.

Check this out, sun rising over the Mississippi River last Friday morning. Was 530 am and we were rolling north. Had motorhome parts to pick up, with a borrowed trailer, and our daughter was meeting us in Bainbridge, In. to get her 12 yr old son back. I do not make a habit of seeing the sun rise. We did almost 700 miles Friday. Was 109 when we came back through Marion. Right after we crossed this bridge, there was a cop writing someone a ticket at 530 in the morning. Make sure that if you drive I-57 to drive the posted speed for the first 30 miles north. Have never not seen police on this section of hiway and I have travelled it a lot.

Two of our favorite boys. It is great to be grandparents. We take the kids for a week or so and then the parents get them back. Life is good.

Who is pooped after a week of camp? Don't tell anyone you spotted this picture, that will tell on me. Teri works very hard and she deserved a little nap.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Very hot in SE Mo. Been seeing at least 105 degrees on the thermometer since Friday. Today marks 9 weeks that I have not mowed our yard. Should you have excess rain, send it our way.
Happy 4th of July.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home