Saturday, July 28, 2012

We are Here

Can you say busy? That has been us this summer. I can not remember ever having so much to do in one summer. We have been involved with youth camp 3 weeks.  That is over now so maybe things will slow down a bit. Thursday we bought a new car. It is a New model Toyota hybrid. Named Prius C, it is nothing like the original Prius, in looks. That is the ugliest car I have ever seen. Our friend Rob Allen put the bug in my ear when he found out Toyota had this new hatchback. I drove one Monday. Could not get that dealer to deal. I was armed with all the information I could find before I drove one. Right now these little rigs are the fastest selling cars in the USA. I searched the internet for deals. Very few to be found. We had planned to buy a Chevy Sonic Turbo Hatch. It gets 40 mpg on the road. Hey, this little hybrid will get 15 mpg more on the hiway, easily, and same price as the Chevy. Thursday I found the exact car we were looking for in Poplar Bluff. I drove 2 miles to the dealer and made the deal in 5 minutes. Signed my name and out the door. I knew the salesman and he knew me. I knew he would sell to me and he knew I came to buy. I knew more about the car than he did and he realized it quick. I had to pull a few of his teeth but I got the car, with a few things thrown in, for the price I expected.
Part of our deal was heated leather seats. They are to be installed Monday. I bought 4 new mag wheels and should have them by Tuesday. Thursday we get side mouldings put on, as part of the deal. By Friday, the car will have everything we want, except the tinted windows, which will be within a week or two. So, next weekend I will post a few pictures of the Toyota Pruis C model 2. I think it takes a certain personality to enjoy a car like this as much as I do. Hypermiling is a part of my makeup since fuel has gone sky high over the last few years. I love squeezing every mile from the last drop of fuel. I went out playing this afternoon. Drove 18 miles and got 59.9 miles per gallon over that stretch of local roads. Last night at 10 pm Teri and I took off to Sikeston, 20 miles, and hit the DQ, just to drive the car and enjoy it. Looks a lot like our Vibe gt, which we kept, but a little smaller and lower to the ground. It ain't black but it is silver.
Oh yea, life is good. Come back for the pictures next weekend.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home