Monday, June 3, 2013

Great Weekend Trip in the GMC Motor Home

Colsyn and I had a great time this weeknd and a good trip home Sunday morning. I set the alarm for 5 am. At 515 I woke up. Alarm never went off. I did not think it would. Seems only Teri can set it so it works. Anyway, we rolled at 530 am down I-57 toward Sikeston. At 7 am Colsyn rolled out of bed. At 830 we pulled into the church parking lot, early. I like being early so I can visit with folks before class. Of course Colsyn had to tell his siblings all about his new Nike tennis shoes. I really got some looks from them. Rylan asked what it would take for me to get him a pair.  Left after services and rolled the last 20 miles home. We did about 450 miles up and back. No rain either way. Love having the Accuweather app on the Iphone. Sure helps plan trips between storms.
So, are you wondering about that foto? Well, I just took the GMC to gas it up for this weekend. I pulled the gas cap and remembered what a headache it is to keep up with. Don't want to drive off and leave it at the station. Then, while the pump was running, I remembered one of the GMCers on the net talking about how he used a magnet to hang onto his cap. Out in Quartzsite I bought a roll of magnets about the size of quarters. Had no idea what I was going to use them for so I just stuck them on the metal frame of our blinds, behind the driver seat. Bingo! Ran inside, pealed one of the magnets from the roll, using my pocket knife, and out I came. Works great.

Cap sticks right to it while gassing the coach.

My old magnet is no good. When I shut the door this one sticks to the metal of the old magnet, holding the door closed.

See there, perfect.
Can not recall who had this bright idea but it is a good one.

One last Vdub. Hope the Vdub folks enjoyed the pictures. Colsyn and I sure enjoyed our long weekend. Can't wait for next year. Mike Yeager puts on a really good show. He has the friendliest employees, of such a buisness, that I have ever dealt with.
Coach is full and we are ready for the weekend. Hang around and I will shoot a few photos.
Dan

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM , Blogger RICK said...

OK Dan, I now see you are one of those that use magnets to polarize your fuel to increase MPG.

Good pictures.

Rick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home