Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Coach


This is the only picture for today. Teri snapped it. I did not have time to take any as our time was pretty much centered on the coach today. Wally helped me do some things to the coach so it is ready for departure on Friday. We changed the oil, checked the timing, and belts. Made sure the transmission was not leaking after yesterday's work. Polished part of it as I had used diesel fuel on it yesterday to get the road tar off of it, what a mess. Sue was at work all day and this evening so we did not see her today. Wally returns to work tomorrow, 12 hour shift. I had to get all I could from him today, ha, just kidding. We did have time to visit and check the internet for a few things this afternoon. Also, Wally and I put away some of the cookies that his mom sent over. Really good chocolate chip cookies, my favorite. I am still not used to CDST yet. We left Pacific time one day and the next we were back in cstime. Maybe I will get used to it soon. Teri and I went to church tonite and met a visiting preacher from Dyersburg, Tn. just across the Ms. River from us. Turned out he is a brother to a preacher we met in Oregon. Small world. His wife is good friend to one of our friends, Beverly Finnell. Teri and I will finish up some things, run some errands tomorrow so we will be ready to leave early Friday morning for Iowa, about 250 miles. I need to do more cleaning on her car in the morning. Got one spot on the coach to finish polishing it. Got to sparkle when we pull into Amana with over 200 other coaches like our's. Oh, Sammy is doing really good. She sure enjoys the trip. She always gets lots of attention nearly everywhere we go. She likes that. I will say that she was a bit dissapointed that I would not share any chocolate chip cookies with her today though. She is over that now and is asleep in the hallway. Oh, Wally and I did sneak in a trip to Harbor Freight this morning. That is a great place for guys to look around at tools. I did not buy anything. I am already carrying home several things that we did not start the trip with so I restrained myself. Maybe we will get some pictures Thursday. Oh, I called and talked with my granddad's only living sister in law, my great aunt by marriage, age 93. She was sharp as a tack and asked about everyone back in Mo. I wanted to visit her tomorrow but she was going to be gone. Maybe next trip. Have a great Thursday and check in with us tomorrow night if you have time. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home