Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday in Omaha and Council Bluffs, Ia.

Well, today we had quite a tour of Omaha, then over the river to Council Bluffs. What a place. We first went to the Morman Museum. Then we took the Lewis and Clark run. Got to go to a museum and then to a fort that has been rebuilt to the original specs. Sue and Wally have really treated Teri and me great. I mean Sue had supper ready for us when we got here yesterday. Wally could not let her upstage him so tonite he was the cook and we ate fish on the Missouri River. Check out the last foto. Does it look like we were talking? No stinkin way. We were trying to choke ourselves. Boy, the hushpuppies were just right for me. We started our day by attending worship services. The folks there were great. We were visited with by nearly half of the 100 folks there, it seemed. We could not get out the door after services for the folks talking with us and asking questions. Lots of questions from the ones that found out we were on a 4 month trip in our motor home. It was great. And, the singing was really great. The song leader hit every starting pitch perfect, with no pitch pipe. I think it is great that God does not require intrumental instruments in worship. We can sing from the heart and not worry about trying to hang in there with man made instruments messing us up. He knew what He was doing, for sure.
Not sure what is in store for Monday. I think they are calling for rain. That is ok, makes it easier to wash the coach and the car. They both need it really bad. North Dakota was not good on the clean vehicles. Also, I noticed the transmission has a leak. Need to check that out and find the squeaking belt. Oh, Wally may have enough stainless to do the doors on Teri's new refrigerator. How about that? Wally is quite the talented fella. The things he can do, especially with metal, is an art. I will see if he will allow me to take a few photos of his work and put them on the blog. He and I have been having a great time just sitting and visiting. We share so many thoughts and ideas that it is hard to believe. Wally can actually make thoughts come to life. I normally have to find and pay someone. I mean, this guy actually hangs his big riding mower in the garage and parks his car under it. Totally amazing. I will show you just what I am talking about if it is ok with him. I mean, this guy lives in an underground home. A dream of mine that won't come true but I have always dreamed of it just the same.
So, everyone is in bed asleep except me. Guess I better start thinking about going that way. Once again, this area is quite a place that Teri and I would never have known, even visited, if not for Sue and Wally. Thanks guys. Check back Monday night, I hope to have more photos. Dan















Oh, while we were eating our fish a boat came by and some girl flashed us good, raising her shirt. The deal is, when the present owner bought the restuarant he closed the dock to keep boaters from coming to his resturant half clothed. Now, those folks come by and flash the place. I guess they are showing him, aye? Oh well, made for an interesting conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home