Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Afternoon in Alabama


No good pictures for today. I took some but they are not good, worse than this one. I don't know what happened. We should get some Monday though as we travel down the Natchez Trace and over to Monroe, La. The Ouatcita River town.
We had good visting after church this morning. Lots of the older folks asking me about family that had migrated north in the 30's. I told them all the "scoop" back in May when we were here but was glad to do it again. Older folks love to talk and listen about old times. I am just the guy to sit and listen. Been doing it ever since I can remember. Maybe someday I will get old and younger folks will want to hear about my stuff,,,naaa. Oh well, I sure learn a lot from Senior folks. And, they never charge me for the information.
The photo of the coach is in front of my cousin's new home, here in Hamilton, Alabama. I am kinda fond of driveways, ha. We had to fire the furnace last night. It got rather nippy out here. We were certainly welcomed to sleep in the house but we are kinda used to having our own bed and living room.
Already had my nap while watching the race but I am about ready for another one. Sam is at my feet just sawing logs.
Most of our motor home friends are traveling back home today. Teri and I left a day early. I just called Jim and Marlys and they were approaching Nashville on their way home, Bowling Green area. Lots of folks heading south to Florida. We hope everyone has an enjoyable, but uneventful trip.
Teri is washing clothes. We will head back to church services in a little while. We are leaving the motor home here and driving the car to La. Will come back later in the week to get it and travel on back to Missouri.
Thanks for checking in. There may be nothing on the Trace but trees but I will have pics up in a couple days, no matter what we find. Hope everyone enjoys the upcoming week. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home