Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And The Winner Is


Yep, that is our boy, front and center. He was at the top of his class and is moving on. The pinewood derby was a lot of fun last night. There were kids, dads, and a lot more folks there cheering on their favorite young man and his car. It was funny listening to dads and grandfathers talk about the cars. It was "my car" this and "my car" that. I asked a couple of guys "whose car?", they just smiled and then called the boy's name.
Yes, this is a great way for dads and sons to spend time together. It was obvious that the fathers were as involved, maybe more so, as the sons in building these little racers. The cars were so fast that they raced right out of the picture as Teri was snapping it. Those dog gone digital cameras. We will follow Josh to the next round of races and let you know how he does. No, not everyone is a winner but every child has a great time with their dad or grandfather. These cars live on for a long time. Dads keep them on their desks til they retire. I know, I have seen them. My son and I skipped the pinewood derby thing and went straight to the real thing, a 1968 Mustang. We had some great times building and then rebuilding that car after it got wrecked.
The sun is shining in Az. today but boy that wind is something else. I was sitting here a little earlier and heard something banging on our roof. Grabbed the ladder and found a vertical venitian blind wrapped around our satellite tv antenna. Why can't folks keep their trash picked up?
Sam has had an easy day. Teri and I did some work on the kitchen and got one more drawer in. Teri is building this thing just like she wants it. No space is going to be wasted. We have to run back over to Safford to get the hinges that she wants so we can get the doors built and put in place. I will have pictures then. I secured the quick disconnect, for the gas line, today inside the cabinet. It will not show when the door is closed. We will hook either the heater or the gas burners into it when we are using them. I am making a hose connection to use outside also so we can cook with gas outside too. As all rver's know, most daylight hours are spent outside enjoying what God has created for us.
Hmmm, I guess there was a surprise or two last night in the Florida primary. We see a couple of folks drop out. Rudy will go with Mc Cain hoping he can grab a spot in the new cabinet. Edwards will hold off a bit trying to guess who. He wants a spot in the cabinet too. One of these two will not get the spot. Can you guess which one will be disappointed? We will have a better idea next week after Tuesday.
Hope everyone is having a good week. Today was hump day for my working friends. I have nearly forgotten what that feeling was like. Check back when you have time. And, as always, I appreciate your company. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home