Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, One of My Favorite Days of the Week

I have this very close friend named Clyde. He enjoys looking for the perfect motorhome so that he and Judy can take off and see the country. Well, today, I found the ride for Clyde. Looks like this was a Dodge van that has been mated to a 1950 model trailer. It is for sale Clyde.



Every time Teri and I head over to Safford I am just amazed. Looking at the mountains and the tumble weed. I keep thinking that I am going to see Gil Favor, Rowdy Yates, and Wishbone. Maybe Rory Calhoun and some of the other boys. This is truly where the West is located. If you were born after 1965 I knida doubt that you know what I am talking about.





I enjoy "souping things up". Nothing comes new that does not need some kind of modification done to it, nothing. I got this new Mr. Buddy heater from a guy on Ebay shipped to me for 70 bux. Good deal. Tore right into it as soon as I got it out of the box. Had to get it modified so it would run from the main lp tank here in the coach and not on the little one pound bottle. Made a quick trip into Duncan Hardware. Nope, no parts I needed so Teri and I headed over the mountain into Safford. Got what I needed at Ace. A fitting that would hook to my quick disconnect line here in the coach. Took the regulator out and screwed it right in. We have some real heat now without using the furnace. I will take the little catalytic heater back to where I borrowed it. It would not keep our feet warm. A Wave 3, 3,000 btu. I think it was worn out. Anyway, I am hoping for a cold night so we can test this thing. Got it on low now and it is about to run me out of here. This will really be great when we are parked with no hookups. The furnace blower draws a lot of current from the batteries.
As always, thanks for the emails. I enjoy getting them and responding. If you have any questions send them my way. Teri can probably answer them and I will take the credit.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home