Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Southwest

Teri cleaned "house" today. Sam did not seem to care. You can see one of my favorite appliances, the ice maker. That thing just keeps on working. We have had it a year now. Makes soft ice. Sam and I use lots of ice everyday. Sam eats what I eat, or wants to anyway. We share trail mix from the Dollar Tree at night. Oh, that is my work staion. I should have straightened it up a dab before shooting the picture. That blue wall is going to become a wooden wall to match the kitchen. Using tongue and groove pine. It should look good.


These are some photos I snapped this afternoon. I took a drive 20 miles north on 191. Stopped at Three Way. These mountains are awesome. I would never have seen them if I had not captured Teri out here. This is not a pretty place in the summer heat but in the winter, this is great. I wish all folks could come out here just one winter. I stopped at an RV park or two. Most of them are full. A lot has to do with the copper mines running full blast again. They can not get workers. Busses run for several miles bringing workers to and from the mines. They even bus workers here from Phoenix and give them a house to live in during the week. Then they take them back to Phoenix for the weekend. Copper mining is a strip mine thing. No caves. I see it pretty safe. Maybe next year we will come back and get jobs for the season up there.






Mule Creek is in New Mexico. A couple switch backs between here and there. I ran smack dab into two big elks one morning cutting across there heading back to Missouri. I was doing about 15 mph so I was able to stop. Over in the mountains of southwest New Mexico they have 4 seasons. That is because the elevation is over 6,000 ft. Here we are at 3600 ft. Teri and I have friends in Silver City, NM that we always visit while out here. About 75 miles by road, maybe 45 by air. The roads run around the mountains.











Hope everyone has had a great Tuesday. It is one of my favorite days of the week. If you have emailed me and I did not return it, then it went in my trash. I don't open ones I don't know. Please put "blog" or "GMC" or something so I will recognize you and read it. "Solar" is good too.
Have a good evening. Teri and I are heading to our grandson's Pinewood Derby this evening.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home