Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Customer Service

Lots of work but worth it. This little box will give Teri the entire upper left cabiner, above the tv.





I know everyone of you have run into poor customer service. Take a look here. My friend Nick put his story on his blog. Just now I called to check on an order that got messed up with my new Verizon internet stuff. They forgot to put the antenna adapter in. Well, yesterday they discoverd their error and shipped it seperate. I saw on the tracking that instead of going to Phoenix airport that it had gone to Memphis. So, I figured they got the wrong address on it and sent it to our home in Missouri. I called. Got this, well, let me see how I can describe a female that sounded like she was much more intelligent than me and was standing 10 feet over me as she spoke. You choose the word. Let me know they had shipped it to right address and why would I even bother her with such a trivial question. Oh boy. I was very nice but I was not a happy camper. I did not even get her name.
Last year, Teri and I visited the Roadmaster plant in Portland. We had 2 bad brakes for the toad and I wanted to make sure it was fixed. They were always nice but I always had a broke brake. We took it into the office and finally got someone that knew more than the tech I normally talked with on the phone. The girl at front desk was pleasant. We told her we were out here on vacation from Missouri. Asked could we pick up the brake the following week. "Yes". In fact, they would call us on Friday, this is Monday. Good. Friday, no call. We are in Tillamook, 80 miles away. Monday, no call. Tues I asked Teri to call, she is much better than me on this stuff. She called. "Oh, we shipped it to your home in Missouri". Smoke just a rolling out my ears. Now, why in the world did they do that after we had such a discussion about us picking it up. I mean, we were crossing the Rockies. It would have been nice to have had it. Oh well, long story short. It was at home when we got there. I was so aggrivated that I did not use the thing on a trip we made after we got home. Thought about selling it while it was new, and just back from factory as a refurb. Well, I did install it when we left home on this trip and for the first time since I bought this thing over 2 years back, we have a working toad brake.
I can see why some places lose buisness. They need better customer service. Tiffin Motorhome has that customer service and they do great buisness. If Teri and I were to ever look for another motorhome it would be one made by the Tiffins. Allegro is their coach name. A really nice family owned factory in Red Bay,Al. We have taken the tour. Mr. Tiffin came out to check on us as we sat in the waiting room. Now, they know customer service. I hope I would be like they are and do everything I could to make the customer happy, even at my expense.
Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that we all run into those folks in customer service that need a factory job rather than greeting customers. Teri and I are trying to finish up in here as we will be pulling out next week. Pray that I last til Friday. No call from the Mexican Dentist for a cancelation so I guess Friday at 2 pm it will be. Thanks for stopping in. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home