Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two Down, Two to Go







Oh yea,I am counting the days, soon to be the hours, til we cross the border. I am going to be happy to see a dentist. I hate going but when I hurt like this I will do whatever I have to to rid myself of the pain. Will be a good trip for Teri and I. Will be a little over 100 miles to where we are going. Just south of Deming. We will have some good pictures. If they wont let us back in the US I guess we will wait til dark and come in the same way all the others get here.
I tried three times to upload that picture. I hope it did not come through all three times. Oh well. Picture is of the solar monitoring meters. The one on the left we have had for some time. The one on right we got last week. Did not have enough wire to get them mounted where I want them but will get that done this weekend. the new meter tells us pretty much everything we need to know about what is going on in the batteries. Should allow us to stay out longer simply by watching the gauge on the battery level. Just thought you might want to take a looksee.
We bit the bullet yesterday and signed up for Verizon wireless internet. Works like cell phone using the cell towers. Should be able to have internet just about everywhere we go. Next couple weeks will be a good test as we will be out in the desert with no hookups and no wifi. I told Teri now I can surf the net while I drive the coach down the road. I got this frown and then, "maybe I can drive while you surf?". Sure I said. So, we will be able to cruise the net as we cruise the hiways, no matter if in coach or the car. Have special antennas and an amplifier too. Will be able to reach out and touch yall no matter where we are.
Getting excited about getting ready to roll next week. We sure hate to leave our daughter and her family but we need to get going. I worked around getting the coach ready to go today. fired up the big 455 for the first time in 6 weeks. She did not even grunt, just came to life like always. We take care of the coach and it takes care of us, always ready to roll onto another highway and off into the sunset.
Perfect weather here today. I still have the door open at 630 pm. The sun just dropped over the mountain. This is great weather.
Oh, my friend, Rick, sent me a note this morning and has our taxes already finished and in the mail to us. Can't say enough about hiring a CPA to do your taxes if you get into a mess like I was in. Not a mess but I was paying way too much. Rickey helped us not owe so much this year. Last year was rough. I should have had him do them last year but I thought I was ok doing them myself. I guess sometimes we are and sometimes we aren't ok. Anyway it is good to have a friend like Rickey. He always has time for me when I walk into his office.
Teri has been working on our presentation for the GMC International Convention. I got us into that I guess. They wanted me to do an hour on solar stuff. I could not do that. I can tell all I know in 5 minutes. I am one of those guys that just knows a little about a lot and not much about anything. So, I said, how about Teri and I both giving a talk on our traveling around? Ok. and now we are on the agenda. Oh boy. This should be fun. I hope we don't boar them to sleep.
Yall have a great evening and thanks for dropping in. Also thanks to my friends with emails on how to stop the pain. I have some Hurricane ointment that is helping me make it til Friday. I just hope the dentist can save this tooth. Come on back when you get the chance. The door will be open. Dan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home