Monday, April 28, 2008

Home Again Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Look here. This guy is using his GMC Transmode to make him money. Located in Jackson, Tn. I have seen this coach a few times when we pass though Jackson but every time I have the camera ready it is gone. Gotcha today. I should have shot the tag so we could trace the vin and add to our growing list of these coaches. No one was around so I could not lift the hood. I will at least get the tag number next time if I catch it sitting there. It is right on 45, about the 6th stop light, going north, on west side of street.


ouThis was about the best deal going on fuel today from Al, Ms, and Tn. It is cheaper than that in Mo. at 3.39. What a mess. This should not be but does not seem to be much we can do about it. Maybe a few tanker hijackings like we had back in the 70's. I hope not but will not be surprized. Hopefully modern technology will prevent that.
If you could not tell, we had a great weekend. My brother and I get along great. He has 2 sets of twins, one year and 5 days apart. I think they are 8 and 7 years of age. Since our parents have passed, and Teri and I are older, we kinda fill in the gap for grandparents, which they have none. Can't wait to get back down to Monroe, La. and see them. Early postings show them.
Teri stayed at my cousin's in Hamilton while Matt and I were in Birmingham. She had a great time also. This cousin and her husband were our witnesses when we got married. Great couple to hang out with for lots of clean fun.
You can bet that I had lots of emails from my buddies about the 2 of us not looking like we fit the mold of the rednecks at the race. Oh boy, got bunches of ribbings on that. Oh well, I did not have to report to my parole officer today like the rest of them, ha.
I was saved by my brother from the wrath of an upset wife over the camera deal. Teri will sure be hugging Matt's neck when we see him again. She got a lot better camera out of the deal for sure. Thanks Matt, I owe you one. She was so happy that she has not mentioned the umbrella I lost.
Was a great day for a 400 mile drive in the Vibe. Matt took our 630 am wake up call and then rolled back over and slipped into another dream. At 805 am I woke up and started hollaring. Wanted to leave at 7. Oh well, what is the hurry for a guy that is unemployed anyway. Got on the road at 830. There were RVs everywhere with Mo. and Ar. tags heading north out of Birmingham. All had been to the race. Lots of Mo. boys head to that race. They love that rv ing thing on the grounds around the track. Most of them could not have driven after the race. Glad they waited til today to break camp. Matt said lots of RVs heading his way too, west on I-20. I was on 78. We called Matt when we were on the Ms. bridge, he was crossing the same river at Vicksburg and arrived home at same time we did. Was a fun weekend. Hope everyone that follows Nascar gets to attend just one race in person. Don't expect to see the race though. For that, stay home in front of your tv.
I appreciate all of my friends that follow along with us on our rides around the country. Mostly we are in our coach. As one friends, Bill in Ohio stated, Teri and I are making priceless memories. We are probably the poorest folks spending 8 months a year in our coach but we sure have fun. Poor in financial terms. I can promise you that we are two of the wealthiest folks in friends that anyone could possibly be. We now have real friends all over this USA because of our travels in the GMC Motorhome. We appreciate each and every friend that we have. Can never have too many friends scattered around.
Thanks for allowing us to share our experiences with you. Come on back, I am sure we will have something to catch your attention. Never a dull moment around here, especially with Sam. She was our house keeper this weekend. Won't get into it now but let me just say that she and Teri are not on speaking terms since we arrived home. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home