Sunday, April 27, 2008

This Was The Day



Here we are, the day that Matt and I have been waiting for since Christmas Day. His wife, Barb, bought us tickets and pit passes for Christmas. I guess we were good boys or maybe she just wanted a break from Matt. Either way I benefited from the deal. Two happy brothers enjoying the day in the pits. Was a good time. Thanks Barbara. Do we look like typical race fans here? I will tell you this, we saw some wild dudes in there. I bet if their parole officer knew they were in there drinking beer they might have a problem.






A few shots from the pits, before the race.










We took a ride around the track. Look at the banks on this 2.6 mile track.














Hey, we made the pre race show on Speed Channel this morning. Wish I had been home so I could have seen us. I told Matt not to hollar, wave, or pick his nose while camera was on us. Just stand here and we will stick out in the crowd because we look like two normal, intelligent, fellas.


I don't think you can see this fella looking at me too good. If you could you would know why I took this shot. Lots of guys here look like him.











ou Ok, this is a shot as they blew by us. Only one I got so you could see the cars in the picture. They came by fast. NEarly 200 mph.



Tony Stewart limping in after he took out a few cars on lap175.















Well, it has been a great day for two brothers to hang out. We will say our good byes in the morning. He will go back to Monroe, La. and I will run up to Hamilton, get Teri, and head home. I bet Sam will be glad to see us Monday. The shirt I had on came from our oldest daughter, Stasha, and family, for xmas. I might not have had a shirt if not for them. Had a hat to match but we left it in the motorhome. Wore a free cap I got in Ca.


I killed our display on Teri's new camera. Had it in my pocket and sat on it. Messed up the display. My brother just gave me a better camera so I will not be in the doghouse. I appreciate him for that. Also, lost Teri's umbrella. They gaurd would not let me take it in. So, I placed it, along with Matt's brand new one, over by the fence. Well, they were long gone when we came out of the race. Imagine that.


It was a very good day but the race can be better seen from our front row seat at home in front of the tv. Everyone should attend just one of these if you like racing. Gives you a chance to see that the drivers and crews are real people just like us. They just happen to make a lot of money.


Yall have a good evening. Hope you had as much fun as we did.


Dan






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home