Thursday, March 27, 2008

Long But Fun Two Days

Most of these photos are for our GMC friends. We have been busy for the last two days. This morning we had 10 extra coaches parked around here, I am talking coaches with folks sleeping in them. I had some fun yesterday getting them all parked.
Here is our coach on the rack, we made it up there today.



Early morning, today. Sam was right in the middle of the crowd in the office.
A few of the guys swapping lies this morning.






WE patched the hole first thing this morning, at least the bottom side. I thank Ken Burton and Ken Henderson for helping me. Look, no mufflers.



From two mufflers up fron to one in the rear. Alonzo was our worker on the exhaust. He is quite the guy here in the shop and knows way more than I can ever hope to learn about these coaches. He has a family and his wife is teaching their two year old daughter to speak 3 languages in a ddition to sign language. Alonzo is very interesting to visit with. He is also an ex marine.



This is a photo of the fuel senders I am building. Not a good photo but I did not have time to set it up right for a photo.


These photos are of Donny taking my right front end aprt to replace a lower ball joint and rear seal on the wheel bearing.











Donny hard at work.



A shot while Donny was getting parts.







Bob was one happy guy today. He and Donny got the coach going and now he is concerned about it being a bit dirty. That means the engine and tranny are in place and it passed the driving test. Great job these guys did on that coach. I am glad that I was here to witness this job. Teri and I were able to meet two very nice folks and we hope to be long time friends with Yvonne and Bob.









Here is the man of the evening, in my book. After Donny helped Bob finalize everything on the caddy he came to help Alonzo with our coach. Here he is with the ball joint out. Reminded me of a dentist holding my teeth that are no longer in my head. After Alonzo finished with the relay arm and idler the two of them checked my ride height and greased the coach. Donny and I took it for several test drives as I was having a problem with the engine running like it should. Donny spent some valuable time, in my book, with me today. I learned a lot from Donny. It was a good day for me with these guys. They pushed to get our coach on the rack last night and first thing this morning. I really appreciate that.
Walt Halley worked on Jim's dual turbo setup most of the day and got it running. I enjoyed working with Walt late this evening. He had his laptop hooked to Jim's engine and reminded me of a doctor diagnosing a bad appendix and then fixing it. Some more to do in the morning but I have lots of faith in Walt's ability to have this thing off and going in the morning.
Like I said, long but very fun two days. Where else could a gearhead like me have so much fun? Only at a shop like this with guys like these. Teri also worked all day long inside the office. Sara Halley helped her this evening getiing some final things done for Jim before the big rally. It was a good day.
Thanks for coming by. Come back as you have time.
Dan










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home