Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Inside The Redwoods

Here are a few photos of what we experienced yesterday afternoon. We had time to get off of 101 and go up into the back roads of the big boys, Redwoods. Was beautiful in there. I mean, you are inside the redwoods when you get in there. These babies are towering. Like a big roof over your head in there.

A picture to show the folks back east why the fires rage out here. Look at that grass. One cigarette and boom, a big fire. Folks must be careful not to accidently set any fires. The lightening starts many fires. I can see how easy it is after being here this time of year.






These trees are certainly giants. Check out the stream. That is beautiful. I believe it is the Eel River.


Oh yea, look what we found on the back roads up inside the Redwoods.





















Teri, does this tree make me look fat?






Monsters.






Checking out the inside of this rascal before I let Teri enter. I mean you could sleep inside this tree. It looked as if some folks had done just that by the evidence left behind.









Ok, I found it safe for my buddy and best friend. This Redwood is hollow at the base yet it continues to thrive and is 100s of feet tall. The hole here is big. It is as big as our bathroom.







We had a good time in the Redwoods. We are still in them but these photos I wanted to share with you from our trip. I have some more shots that I will get up in a day or so of our journey through Utah and Nevada Monday afternoon.
Teri and I are enjoying our visit with friends, Fay and Bert. We will have many photos to post in the days to come. Keep checking on us. We are thankful that we are able to make this trip and hope yall enjoy the little glimpse into it that we share with you here.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home