Sunday, August 17, 2008

Can You Say HOT???

Man is it hot up here.
Look at the old cars that hang around Umatilla and Hermiston. A couple of real beauties.



This Ford has a 390 with 3 2 barrels. The guy raised the hood to show me. Looks good. Not many 390 engines around now. He has owned the car for 27 years. Said it had been painted green with a brush before he purchased it. The interior looks every bit as good as the outside.

Here is one just waiting to become a beauty.



A shot of the bridge spanning the Columbia at Umatilla. Sam and I crossed it this afternoon and drove the entire trip home on 14 doing 50 mph.

If you will click the picture up to a larger size you can see how hot our ride home was. 111 degrees. I have not seen the thermometer that high on the Vibe before. And, Teri promised me cooler weather. That was a joke, ha.






A big boat with sightseers on board. Was about half way home.
It did cool down a bit as we got to Stevenson. Was so cloudy in the mountains I almost could not see Mt. Hood from the Washington side. I hope it rains all week if it will cool things off. We dont run the air in the coach here so I am praying for cool evenings. the little Vibe will get a consistant 40 mpg at 50 mph. We were in no hurry so I drove the entire trip at 50. I pulled over for traffic as the speed limit on the 2 lane blacktop is 65.
Hope everyone has a great week coming up. I am hoping I can help one of my brother in laws this week. Haven't felt too productive lately so maybe I can repay one of them for all that they have done for me. Will grab a few more blackberries too.
Oh, I forgot, got to visit with my friend Dink Ward today after church. He was born in Dudley, Mo. Right next to our home town of Dexter. His neice is the wife of the largest factory owner in the county, WW Wood. Maybe I can use him as a reference for a job when we get home. He said he would give me a good one, ha.
Dan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home