Monday, August 18, 2008

Cooler Weather

Yesterday while driving acroos southern Washington I kept seeing this BMW motorcycle. He would pass me and then this VW bug would pass. Remember it was 111 degrees. 10 miles up the road I would see this old fat guy, older and fatter than me, getting off the scooter and the bug behind him. A little while they passed me again. 10 miles up the road they would pull over and the guy would put his helmet on the bug's roof and get in. 3 times this happened. I thought, hmmm, guess he has a girlfriend in that bug, as there was a lady driving it. Finally hit me that he could not take the hear for more than 10 minutes and he would have the bug pull over so he could cool off in the air conditioned car. What kind of rider was that? During this time a Harley passed me and it had two riders, man and woman. The woman had only a bikini top on and seemed to be enjoying the heat. She was very tanned. I think she was much younger and slimmer than the old fat guy and had on way less clothes. The man was wearing a leather jacket, yea, 111 and he had a coat on. No wonder he could not take it.
Here are a few shots from this morning. We had some very low clouds here. The temperature dropped down to 60 last night. Much welcomed by Sam and me.






Looking east on the gorge. Very pretty scenerary here this time of year.
Well, I had lots of problems uploading my photos tonite. I see one did not make it. We went to Washougal for some food today and found a gas price of 3.89. That is much welcomed by the locals here. Only now is the price dropping below 4 bux. I hope by the time we leave that fuel will be even lower. We have a long trip ahead of us when Teri gets finished helping her dad.
Thanks for dropping by. Will head into Vancouver tomorrow if all goes as planned. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home