Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Laborless Day

I hope everyone enjoyed not working on Monday. How in the world do we get to live in a country like this? It honors those who actually work for a living. What a country. I am so glad that I was born into this country and no other. There are a few folks that I feel should have to live in a third world country for 6 months before we let them back into the USA. Maybe they would learn to appreciate the USA and those that have helped make it this way. There is no other place in the world as fortunate as we are here in this country. Why do we think so many people are trying to get in here? If we could swap, one for one, the deadbeats that we have here, for those folks, I think it would be great. Oh well, I will be quiet before I say too much.
Look at the picture our daughter sent us yesterday. It is her with our grandson, Josh, who received his Weblo badge. That is a great program to help young men learn to be productive gentlemen later in life. Hey, I was a Weblo once and look how I turned out!!! Scouting is great, for boys and girls. When I was a Cub Scout I sold more Girl Scout cookies than my sister did. Maybe I should have been a salesman when I grew up.
Teri has finally quit rearranging the coach. What is it with girls who lie rearranging things? I suspect she really felt needed but I thought I did a good job in here while she was gone. Kept the bathroom all neat and the floors vacuumed. I knew where everything was. I can't find my socks now. Shhhh, I am in no way complaining. It is great having my best friend back. We decided to just hang around here today and catch up on stuff. Will go get some groceries later. Tomorrow I am mowing grass at my cousin's roofing company. I mowed their yard here at the house last night. They have a nice Kubota and it was so much fun mowing with that thing, diesel. I will use the John Deere at the Roofing Company Wednesday.
Sharon, my cousin, broght me a T shirt from Saturday's car show for working there all day. I love it. I wear only T shirts and blue jeans since I retired. I was so sick of wearing a coat and tie on court days and dressy stuff at the office. Feels great to wear what I want now that I am old and pretty worthless.
So, there you have it. We are proud of our grandson but also very proud of his parents because they give their three kids the time they they need. Those three will never end up in any kind of trouble and will be productive citizens in life. Doing what I did for a living I got to peak into so many families that looked good on the outside but were not so good on the inside. Giving our kids time is the most important thing we can do to bring them up to be courteous and productive. We can not fix the over crowded prisons until the families get back to teaching the basic love and morals that should be taught.
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home