Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vancouver Locals

Here are a few shots from Teri and my last couple of days. We have been all over Vancouver. I can pretty much find anyplace here now. Of course I have been here for over 3 straight weeks and was here off and on for a couple weeks before that. Running for parts for the VW has put me all over this place. Today I had my wiper switch all wired and hooked to the motor. I found the resistor was bad that I had bought earlier this week so back up north 15 miles. Don't have another, come back tomorrow. I told the guy I have no more tomorrows here. He sent me to another dealer who had none either. Just as well, I can do it a better way when I get it home anyway. Bad parts and wrong parts have been the story up here. I get the right ones and they work when I mail order them. Buying them local has certainly been a challenge. So, Saturday the bug will leave my brother in law's for good, one way or another.
Look at this rod I spotted sitting at a Dairy Queen. These cars are everywhere out here.

This morning Teri and I stopped on the Washougal River. We hoped to see the Salmon run. The guy beside us said we just missed them. We did not wait for another bunch to come by. This is a pretty river. The picture is just before it dumps into the Columbia River.




This is the engine in my cousin's 37 Chrysler that he is restoring. This is a convertable. Some car. He owns the 28 Plymouth too.

Look who I found at the wheel of the Chrysler. She was trying it on for size, and liked it. One foxy chick. Maybe next year they will have it finished and we will cruise around like we really "know someone important". Who was president when this one was built?
My friend Joe won the quiz earlier this week. The truck was a Morris Minor. Good work Joe. I kinda suspected you would be the winner.
Just a reminder, when you email us mention GMC or Blog in the title so we open the email.


Not a good picture of the plane sitting on the water. I have been wanting to get a good picture of this plane for 4 years. It is just tucked back in there too far. The lake is his runway. I like it.
Like I said in the title, we feel like Vancouver locals. We have had lots of fun, especially since Teri came home. She goes everywhere with me. Yesterday I mowed the grass at the roofing company and she took me over and picked me up. Trying to help on the rent here. Sharon and Allen are so good to let us park here, with full hookups, while we are in the area. They have fed me many times. Last nite we had salmon again, my favorite. Anything I can do for them I will. Am volunteering at the museum Friday doing odd jobs around there to help the maintenance man. Sharon runs the museum. It is a must see if you are in this area. Right on the Columbia River, hwy 14, on the Washington side at Stevenson.
Thanks for stopping in tonight. We have enjoyed your visit. Tomorrow night we have several family members coming over for supper so I might not be able to post. Saturday is bug day and another family dinner at Teri's brother's.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home