Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Have a Bathroom Again

LAst night I pulled the old toilet from the hole. I have a photo but have chosen not to show it. Anyway, got hold of my good friend Steve down in Sierra Vista and told him I would be on my way ths morning to pick up the china bowl toilet that was excess to his needs. I roled out early, 745 am, ran inside the house, showered, kissed Teri, and off I went. What a beautiful day for a drive. Took a couple of shots of the snow on top of Mt. Graham.


The temperature was 28 degrees when I jumped in the car. Solid ice on the windshield. By the time I arrived at Steve's, 2 hours and some minutes later, it was 65 degrees. Oh, that felt good. Was up to 70 on my way home.
And here is our hero of the day. Our good friend Steve. He saved the day by letting me know that he had a new china bowl rv toilet that he would not be using, 18 inch. He was waiting on me when I got there about 1045 am. We ran to an rv parts house and picked up the parts I needed to mount this beauty to our floor. Oh, this bowl looked nice, but big. I was a bit nervous that it might be too big so I was on a dead run to get back and see if it fit. Steve helped me with some gluing before I left. This is him gluing the oarts together for me.


I thanked Steve and headed back to Duncan, 140 miles. Will it fit? That kept running through my mind. I stopped once just to get it out of the box and look it over. Made sure my hose had the right fitting. Yes, I can bypass Safford and keep heading straight home. Here is the old one right where I left it. I was kinda hoping somebody had stopped and stolen it. No such luck. I was still on a mission. Took the parts and screwed them into the tank. Drilled 4 new holes so everything would fit the new bowl. Last night I had several friends giving me help on line. I had never done this before and had no clue how to get some of the parts out. I really appreciate my GMC friends. They always help me and usually throw in a little humor.
Now, it is time to fit the throne over the hole and see if we have majic. Oh yes, it fits perfect. Look at this beauty.





Ain't it great? Not only does it look good it functions very well and no leaking. I am good. At least that is what Teri told me. She likes it. She says it is nicer than the one we have at home. This is the way to go, china bowl. The color is perfect, everything is perfect. Teri is happy so you know I am happy and Steve is happy that it is gone.
And, you thought living in a motorhome for 3-4 months at a time was all "easy". Now, I have a kitchen faucet to replace as soon as the new one arrives, which should have been today. Got a leaking hotwater drain shut off leaking. The coach needs an oil change, grease job and a good washing. Teri worked inside it today and did a great job straightening things up.
So, there you have it. A normal day in the life of an rv er. Thanks for checking on me. Yall knew I could do it, didn't ya? You had faith in me? Good. Will have more photos in the days to come. Teri and I will be traveling when we get these little projects completed in the next few days. Keep checking on us. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home