Monday, December 29, 2008

Work, Work, Work

We were busy today. I took out a wall and insulated pipes that I skipped last year. I don't know why, I guess I was just tired of insulating. Anyway the bedroom is completely insulated and so are all of the pipes, along with the bath pipes that I missed last year. This coach should be well insulated now. We still have the ceiling to do. Will do that when we replace the headliner. I also have one wall, behind the couch left to do. One of these days we will have it just like we want it. I tore out the toilet today also. Would not hold water and was starting to leak. Had broken loose from the floor and we had all of the miles we could get from it. I hope to venture down to Sierra Vista in the morning to pick up a china bowl from my friend Steve. Could not reach him on the phone tonite so will try early in the morning. Is 140 miles down there. Would like to get the bath functional tomorrow afternoon. What good is a motorhome with no shower or toilet?
Teri is feeling better and worked on the coach too. I got her to pull insulation from bath to bedroom through the wall. I could not do it by myself. She also started getting things ready for us to live in here again. We are hoping to make the GMC Jetsetter rally next weekend so we have to get this thing ready to travel. When I finish the bath I will change the oil and grease the old gal. Hoping it stays warm like it was today at least til I get done with the outside stuff. 70 degrees plus today. Will need a good wash job before we travel anywhere too. Dusty now.
There is snow on the mountains out here but where we are it is too warm for it to hang around. We are at 3600 ft here. When we head west we will drop 2000 ft and the temp should go up.
So, that is about it from here. Just busy, busy, busy so we can relax and visit later. Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. If not let me know and I will post some pictures for you. We really appreciate everyone riding along with us. We had almost 200 check in yesterday to see if we made it ok, thanks. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home