Friday, January 2, 2009

The Plumbing

I have had some questions on the hook ups of the water heater. Here are a few shots.
The first is the water. I cut the main line and put in a "t". Then a water hose spicket. Bought some good half inch hose and put connectors on each end. Screwed this end to the spicket, with a shut off.



Here is the gas line. I cut the line and used all of these parts to put the "t" in and a shut off. This is about 60 bux worth of fittings right here. Anyway, I have a rubber hose, that came with the unit, screwed in to the shut off. It had a regulator on it which I removed as there is a regulator on the tank.
Here are both along with the new hot water drain shut off. That thing cost me 12 dollars. I thought the price of copper had dropped. Seems Ace Hardware has not heard about it yet.



The bottom of the unit. On left is the lp hose. In the middle is the shower hose. Not very visable is the on/off switch. Next to that is a drain. On far right is the water line that connects with a regular water hose male fitting. The shower hose is hung up on the right side of the unit. The unit fits very nicely on the wall above the commode. I took the old shower hose off and capped the line. We will keep it stored and can use that shower anytime we might choose. Just did not want it hanging down.
The two lines, water and gas, will go through a hole into the cabinet. I do not have a hole saw so that will wait.
That's it. Took Teri and me a couple of hours. Working under the sink was tight, especially cutting the lp line with my pipe cutter. Had to cut it 3 times to get a good smooth edge to flare.
My first shower this morning was great. Tried to get Teri to take a picture but she was not into that. I would not install this unit unless you have a Fantastic Vent Fan in the bath. I cracked the vent just enough for the exhaust fan to come on. Worked like it is supposed to.
On to other adventures now. Living in a GMC motorhome keeps a guy busy. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home