Monday, April 27, 2009

Hey, Let's Roll

Alright, we are just about ready. I got the tracker in the motorhome tonite so yall can ride along with us. I still need to vacuum the coach. We will turn the refer on in the morning and load it up tom evening. This refer cools down fast from a hot start. Need to stop on the way out of town and top off the lp tank. We will use very little but may dry camp and need it to run the refer with. Also the on demand hot water heater runs on lp.
Last night our 3 year old, almost 4, grandson was over. His plan was to spend the night in the motorhome, so he and I did. The bed slept great. We only had one little monster trying to get in through a rear window. One we slew that one he was asleep and I was back to watching tv up front. Also had the internet going, just like being on the road. We no longer plug the coach in while in the driveway due to the solar system. It keeps the batteries up to 100 %. I needed to put a drain on them so last night was a good time to run all of the electronics along with the water pump and lights. We slept with two fans running all night.
Early this morning, I am talking 630 am, I could feel this little guy breathing on me. Then I heard, "grandpa, grandpa, time to get up". I just kept lying there then I heard this magic word. "Grandpa, I need to poop". Oh yea, I was up and he was out the door. I watched him come inside the house then went back to bed. Later I found that Teri was still asleep when he came to the bedside and told her the same thing, so she helped him out. I can let a lot of words pass right on by but when a 3 year old says he needs to poop, I certainly hear that.
Alright, just a few tidy ups tomorrow and off we go, on Wednesday morning. We plan to stop this side of Nashville at our friend's, Roger Black's place, for the night. At least that is the plan right now. Will drive on into Bean Station on Thursday. Ride with us if you can. If you can't, check our progress when you get time.
Dan

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Father Time said...

C'mon Dan, we're waiting!
Roger

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home