Monday, April 20, 2009

Still No Pictures

And, the tracker is not working in Teri's car. I suspect a blown fuse. She will be home in a couple of hours and I will see what the problem is.
BUT, I do have grease under my nails today. Spent the whole day working on the GMC. It is almost ready to hit the road again. There is a big ole smile right across the front grille. Hey, I told you these GMCs talk to you. Well, they listen too. Our's knows we are getting close. Took it out for a short spin and filled the tank with fuel. Got a big check list here with everything marked off except for a grease job. I need Teri to help me with that so we will do that tomorrow. I got more things done than I had on my list. Once I get to tinkering I always find other things that need taking care of. We have a transmission leak, I hate any kind of leaks on a vehicle. I did clean the grease off of the bottom and tightened up some bolts. I can not stop it but I know I got it slowed down. Seems the back pan is leaking and I do not think that gasket can be replaced without pulling the transmission. So, I will live with it a while longer and just keep it wiped off the bottom of the pan. May put a piece of cardboard under it to keep it off the driveway. I am constantly checking the fluid level. Rarely do I add any to it so the leak is not much. Just looks bad. I feel that a clean transmission is a happy transmission. Same with the engine so I did some cleaning on it while I was lying on my back.
See, I am getting better, 2 days in a row now.
Hope everyone is having a good week. It sure is nice to be able to go to Walmart while everyone else is at work. Get right in, get my stuff, and check right out. Retired life does have its little perks.
Dan

2 Comments:

At April 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM , Blogger the world around us said...

Aw, I am feeling much better now that I see some traffic on this blog. I didn't want to say anything smart about seeing you working for a change as I can quite often get caught up in the same situation.
It doesn't often take me three days or so to set up a satellite but this last week has been really disgusting with this one, maybe I need a holiday in our motorhome but I need someone to dig it out first.
Wilf Blakey

 
At April 21, 2009 at 8:06 AM , Blogger carl s said...

I'm confused...Why do you need Teri's help for the grease job? Does she operate the grease gun while you wiggle the parts...or what?

Carl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home