Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Back at the House

Here are a few reasons that we need to stop in Dexter, Missouri every now and then. Teri and I have really been blessed with grandchildren. They are all pretty well behaved when they come see us too. I think they are afraid grandpa might follow through with the threats of a spanking, and, he just might.

Teri and Danielle shortly after we arrived home. Little Tyler met us in town as we unhooked the car and rode shotgun in the GMC with grandpa the rest of the way to the house.

That is Teri on the roof. Saturday was such a nice day. She cleaned the gutters. Then she trimmed the hedges. You can see in this picture that they needed it. Did not get a shot after they were done but they look so much better.



These have been trimmed and Teri is raking up the debris. I took the lawnmower and mulched everything up and mowed the yard again. I hate burning stuff so we mulch all that we can. My cousin had mowed the yard on Wednesday, just before we arrived home. I have nice family that take good care of us. Anyway, it had grown more so while mulching the yard waste I mowed it again. You can see the trees are still pretty bare but they are budding out and we will have green leaves on the trees that are left standing after the traumatic ice storm a couple of months back. Looks pretty bad around here with all of the broken trees.




To the left of Teri is a Walnut Tree. It is on the neighbor's property but drops walnuts on our house. It needs to be trimmed or cut down. They clog our rain gutters.







Those hedges have now been trimmed up. That Teri is a worker. I have not mentioned it but my back has been all out of whack for the last three weeks. Today it is better. No excuse for Teri being on the house though as she does this every year. She is afraid I will fall off. My right foot is fused so it does not work too good on the slope of the roof. I am her cheerleader and helper on the ground.
So, we are in Dexter for a few days. Teri is heading to Indiana in a couple of weeks to see our girl and grandkids. When she gets back we will take off for Eastern Tennessee and Kentucky for a few days. I think we will tow the Baja this trip. I am guessing 1100 miles or so round trip.
Hope everyone is doing ok. I did not intend to wait this many days to post but we have been doing a few things around here. Saturday was a nice warm day in the mid 70's. Sunday the temps dropped. Today it is 55 degrees at 2 pm.
Well, Seems that Teri wants to head to Walmart. Guess I will go with her. Come on back when you have time. We will be into something. If you are traveling and get near, call us and come by. We can park another GMC in our driveway.
Dan





2 Comments:

At April 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Wow! Teri on the roof...Teri trimming the hedges... The Lord was really smiling down on you when He fixed you up with her!
Carl S

 
At April 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

You are right, Carl. You have no idea how hard and long I prayed for someone like her. She is certainly a keeper, my best buddy.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home