Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No Way

I am here to let it be known that there is absolutly no way anyone can travel and see this great country any cheaper than by an rv. Besides that, how many lifetime friends can you make while sleeping at the Holiday Inn? Teri and I left our home in the GMC a year ago last Christmas. We came home twice by car but the GMC only returned home today. During that time we spent 10 months living in this coach, meeting new friends and revisiting old ones. I think Teri and I have more friends than we could ever count. Life is absolutly great in an old GMC motorhome. The coach never let us down in over 7500 miles. Oh, we lost a starter and a wheel bearing but we had advance warning and nothing lost. I am telling you this GMC talks and we listen. What a dependable rv it is.
Here we are leaving Ken and Elaine's family farm in Georgia yesterday. Said our goodbyes and on the road we went. 600 miles to Dexter was our destination. This was a great get together in Georgia with very good friends.
Southwest Georgia is beautiful and rich with history.


These folks take pride in everything they do. All of the old buildings are well maintained, like this courthouse.





Coming into Alabama.








As you can see, it started raining.





Dropping down into Birmingham from up on the 1100 ft. mountain top.





As noted in yesterday's entry we spent the night at my cousin's in Hamilton, Al. Was exactly half way. I was glad to get there as the rain was messy and really dirtied up the coach and car. Here we are as we were leaving about 9am this morning. The wheels are not shining as they were when we left Georgia the morning before.









Oh yea, we got in some geocahcing this morning. It was such a pretty day. Teri just had to get in some hunts and exercise. I stayed in the coach and plotted our next hunt.








Woops, I loved seeing her jog I posted it twice. She was happy as she grabbed this one very quickly.












Here she goes for the second one, just up the road near the Ms. state line. Found it too.












I was nervous here as I had little shoulder to keep the GMC out of the way of traffic. I hurried Teri and we did not get this one. Will grab it next time through.












Oh yea. Mississippi has a nice dump station at the state line, in the rest area. Got that thing all cleaned out good so I won't have to do it at home. I was a happy camper here and Teri grabbed another geocache while I did the dirty work. Actually there is no dirty work with the pump I have on the GMC, no gloves needed. and no mess.












Coming into Mo. across the Big Old Mighty Muddy.













The River was full.











I love crossing this river but I loved the Mo. State Line sign more today.




















And, here it is, the GMC back home. It was glad to get back to it's parking place after being gone for so long. The Bug was happy to see us, see him smiling? I put the battery in the Bug and it fired right off. We took him to church tonight. The Vibe was so dirty from the Alabama rain I did not want to ride in it. Will wash it tomorrow, and the GMC.


10 months out of 15, living in this old coach. It was great. What was really fun was yall riding along with us. The little red car is parked at home too but it wont stay long, neither will the GMC. We have a trip that we are planning right now. Will be heading to eastern Tn. and central Ky. very soon. I think the VW will go this time.
On this trip we saw things that we never invisioned. Before last week SW Georgia was only a spot on the map that we really did not know for sure existed. It does. Plan a trip to the Plains area. Do some geocaching there. You will never regret it. Take an rv, much cheaper than a motel and you always know who slept in your bed last night.
Stay with us, we got lots of stuff going on.
Dan

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home