Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hamilton, Alabama

We are in my dad's home town tonight. He was born here in this area. The family moved to Missouri in the late 30's. My grandfather heard that the Missouri cotton was much better than the cotton here. I guess he was right. Several of my grandfather's siblings and cousins also moved to Mo. So, now you know why I talk like I do. I was raised by folks who came from Alabama. We are parked in my cousin's drive tonight. Will cut out early in the morning, by 10am, and head home. This was the perfect stop as it is half way between where we were and where we are going. Sure hated to tell our frineds goodbye this morning but Teri is ready to go home. I love living in the motorhome. Teri enjoys it too but not as much as I do. It has been over three months since we were home. We have 4 grandchildren in Dexter and we are anxious to see them.
So, watch the little red car and see it it makes it to Dexter Wednesday. It got hung up about 10 miles south of where we are actually parked but it will catch up first thing in the morning. Sometimes the car just likes hanging out on the road I guess.
Everyone have a great Wednesday. We hope to have an uneventful trip through Tupelo, Jackson, Dyersburg, and then across that big mighty muddy. Come with us.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home