Friday, May 15, 2009

GMC Motorhome is Home Again

We took off Thursday morning about 830 am. Started out in rain but it died out shortly and we had a great ride home. I do have pictures but Teri is at Walmart and has the camera. I sure hated to leave Smith's Grove, Ky. but we had to get on back to Mo. I will post traveling pictures in a day or two. Jim and Marlys always make us feel so good. They are great folks. Teri and I really enjoy their company.
We had our own personal Garmon gps as Jim was leading the way. He wanted to look at a GMC coach over @ the Land Between the Lakes. We just followed him. I took a look with him while Teri stayed in the coach at a truckstop in Calvert City.
There is a real narrow bridge across the Ohio near Cairo. I do not cross it with the coach. Was built during the 30's so you know it is narrow. We have to run up to Metorpolis, Il. and around to miss it. That is about 20 miles longer but worth it to me. By the way, the Ohio and Mississippi are way out of their banks. Lots of farm ground is flooded.
So, we arrived about 230 pm. I got the yard mowed, it was deep. Today I fixed a new tracker antenna on the GMC. From now on it should track great. Also put in a newer higher power radio to send the signals.
That is about if rom here. I promise to get the photos posted in a day or two. Thanks for traveling with us. We have had one great ride in the GMC. Soon we will find another place to take off to. I do not want to hang around here any longer than I have to. It was 89 degrees this afternoon. Where is the next GMC ralley?????
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home