Saturday, May 9, 2009

GMC Motorhomes and Their Owners

What a great group of people. GMC owners are some of the happiest folks I have been around. Everyone seems to always be happy and enjoy each other's company. Teri and I count ourselves very blessed to be associated with this group of people. Take a look at some photos I snapped yesterday and today. We have some very proud owners and it shows when they pull up in their coaches.


This is a super nice GMC, 28 footer, with a new Dick Patterson stage 2 engine to pull it around.
My buddy Ted owns this one. He lives in Owensboro, Ky. One of the first GMC owners I met 4 years ago.
These guys can tell some stories.



One of our friends, Gary. He has a Caddy 500 in his coach. Real nice guy.



Our Friends Marlis and Jim own this one. They have really done some work on the coach and just about have it ready for paint. Teri and I are following them to Bowling Green tomorrow afternoon.





Oops, duplicate from Bean Station Rally. My buddy Ken giving me advice as I change the plugs and wires last week.






Happy GMCers.








Real happy here, supper time. Teri is visiting with Blaine and Diane Merrel, just super people. Sam and I have stayed with them a couple of times in Bainbridge, In.

















Ooh, my best buddy doing our laundry.










This is Nick's coach. He and his wife came in from Michigan for the gathering.











Teri bowling on a WII machine. I stayed away from the thing.













Now, this fella is one great guy to know. Chuck owns a 23 footer and lives in east Tn. He has helped me out several times over the past two years. He brought his wife Cathy. I love to hear her laugh and she does a lot of it. Chuck had a leak under his sink. He is smiling because he just tested his "fix" and no more leak.











I checked the VIN on this coach and sent it to Dave, our keeper of the numbers. Apparently this was a Coca Cola coach before someone repainted it.


Teri and I made two rallies in two weekends. We have seen some beautiful country and visited with some of the best folks. No other motorhome owners can touch the friendliness of our group. We help each other with whatever needs to be done. What a group. Glad Teri and I chose an old GMC to rebuild 4 and a half years ago. It has taken us to some of the most beautiful areas but better than that, it has led us to one great group of people.
Thanks for coming with us. Follow us over to Bowling Green tomorrow afternoon by tracking WD0AFQ-1. It will be a nice ride through the heart of Ky.
Dan






























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home