Sunday, May 10, 2009

GMC Motorhomes in Tandem

After church this morning we headed back to the park. Our friends Jim and Marlis were waiting on us. Tied the bug on the GMC and off we went, in tandem. Was a great drive. We have really been across Ky, from south to nort and east to west. We are in Bowling Green tonight. Perfect weather, coach was on auto pilot and I slept most of the way, just kidding.
This is a mural. Looks real. Had me folled til we got right on it. This place is a mansion built to look like a mansion, just west of Lexinton.


Another painting. These folks over here love their ponies.



Tooling down the road, nearly asleep. I hear this on the cb, "Dan, we have a bad vibration, can you see anything?"




Uh, guess what was vibrating?














We were right near a rest area when the carcas left the wheel. How fortunate.


























20 minutes and we are ready to roll. Nothing to it. It is only a serious problem when it happens on your own coach. This was on Jim's so I did not even take a deep breath. If it had been our tire I would have spent 20 minutes trying to cool down.










Yep, off we go. People seem to like the bug yellow. I may just paint it back yellow. Forget about matching the GMC. At least folks can see me from behind if it remains yellow.
We had a great week in Lexington. Great folks with years and years of information that they shared with us. I could never learn so much if I was reading a book. I am thankful for guys who figure out everything on these old coaches and then are not afraid to share it with us.
We followed Jim and MArlis to the Bowling Green area of Ky. Teri and I will do some sight seeing for a day or two while we are here. Took the bug out for a run when we got here. These roads are great. The bug loves hugging these country blacktop roads. Teri and I may run over to Glasgow tomorrow to see what is around there. Seems both trackers left us out on the interstate today. I have to laugh. I just can not keep them going for some reason. Oh well, one of these days you can ride along live with us.
Have a great Monday, one of my favorite days of the week.
Dan












1 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Wally and Sue said...

This is why it is good to carry a spare. No waiting for tire service to show up and pay thru the nose.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home