Monday, May 11, 2009

Geocaching Glasgow, Kentucky

This morning we got ready and jumped in the bug. Headed over to Glasgow, Ky, about 20 miles through the country. Had some sightseeing and geocaching to do. Those two go hand in hand.
Check out the last three digits on that license plate, WOT. We certainly found out this morning what that stands for. As we pulled into busy Glasgow, Ky, the throttle hung wide open. I was able to get it into a parking lot and put more tension on the throttle spring. Seems to have taken care of the problem. Not a good feeling. Straight to our first geocaching spot.
Teri located the cache in under 5 minutes.


Off to downtown. Very historical place. I have wanted to visit this place ever since I found it on the map, several years ago. Look at this old fire truck.



Teri located her second cache of the morning, nothing to it.










Some of the buildings downtown. I used to know the fella that preaches here. He married a girl from my home area.






The courthouse.







On our way out of town, which was very busy, we grabbed a cache. Click the picture and you can see Teri back there digging it out.








Well, actually she was looking for it, I found it myself. I think I found 2 today and she found 2. Even Steven for the day. I spent most of my time just looking around this place. Lots of Civil War History here.









One very happy lady. When she is happy so am I.
We had a great time searching these out while sight seeing. There are several downtown but a Sunday afternoon would be better time. Way too much traffic today for what we were doing.

I am sure we will hit another area tomorrow. So much beautiful area around here. I want to take in all that we can while we are here. The bug loves being unhitched from the motorcoach and taking off under its own power. It sure got a lot of waves from folks today.










We grabbed this last shot as we topped a hill and these were on the side. Even got a thumbs up from the fella when he saw the bug. I had a car on my tail and could not really slow down for a good picture. We saw several horse and buggies today on our ride to Glasgow.
If you hit the tracker with WD0AFQ-1 you can see just where we were today. What a great place to visit. Thanks for riding along.
Dan











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home