Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On The Road In The Morning


It was raining big time this morning so we missed our trip over to Thunder Valley. Maybe next year. We have the coach all ready to roll at 8 in the morning. Just two coaches left here. Teri and I hope to drop off into Virginia at the Cumberland Gap and do some sight seeing. Should grab a few good pictures. I have never been from here up through there to Lexington. This is going to be a nice drive. We will tie the bug to the GMC and off we will go, right behind Jeannie and JR Slayton. I think it is 175 miles or so to the park where we will be staying for a few days. I have never been to Lexington either. Would never see the place if not for the old GMC motorcoach. What a ride.

This GMC gathering, at Bean Station, Tn., is a good one. We are members of the Dixielander club which meets here at Al and Marty Samsel's place every May. the Ky. Derby is a big thing here on Saturday afternoon. I think some 50-1 odd horse won. I was more concerned about the Nascar Race in Richmond, myself. Everyone had a great time here. I hear no complaints, ever. this is some community to visit. I hope Teri and I get to come again and do more sightseeing. When we had spare time the rain was falling so we got in very little sightseeing time this year. We did not bring a car the other time we were here. I think next year we will just plan a month over here in the hills. So much history and so many pretty sights to see.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hang in there cuz the weekend is coming. Ride with us Wednesday if you have time to click the tracker link.

Heading out for Mexican supper in a few minutes.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home