Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Meet The Nicest Folks Traveling In A GMC Motorhome

These are two of the nicest folks Teri and I know, Donna and Roger. They treated us like we were related to them, no, better. We had such a great time with them. Last night we went to the nicest resturant. We forgot our camera, just take my word for it, the food was great. I ate so much catfish I was about to pop. The Black home is a regular bird santuary. Roger even speaks their language. They have more flowers in their yard than a nursery. Roger has the right idea, dig, plant and you never have to mow that spot again. I like his thinking.
Thanks Roger and Donna for such a great visit. We will never forget this one. A shot from the front drive of their home.

On the road this morning. Just getting into Nashville.

We breezed right through about 1130 am. Traffic was light here compared to the rest of our trip. I can not tell you how much truck traffic is out here. Lots of goods are being moved somewhere.



This was Nashville. See how light the traffic was. Its great to be retired and driving on a weekday. Everyone else is at work I guess.




We did not get many pictures on the ride over but Teri did grab this one. The guy was checking us out as we were doing the same. I saw several old cars driving in Knoxville. The traffic was a nightmare in Knoxville at 4 pm today.
I was aggrivated because our trackers would not work. The WD0AFQ tracker is working now. I don't know why. The bug tracker, WD0AFQ-1 never would work right today and still won't. I will monkey with it later.



These guys are good. Here they are doing Rocky Top. They did mostly Bluegrass but a little country. Our host here had these guys out tonight for our entertainment. It was great.







So, even though you could not ride along with us today, due to no tracking system, we did make it to Bean Station. Was a great day for a ride through the mountains. 250 miles from Roger and Donna's to here. Had a great supper and entertainment. Lots of visiting and now to rest up for more tomorrow. This is great. I hope that you experience just a little of what we do through the pictures. The old GMC never missed a beat. What a coach. We could not even feel the bug back there. It was as happy as a lark just riding along. I think Teri, me, and the bug are heading out for some geocaching pretty soon. I found her looking up some sites when I came back to the coach tonight. Should be a great weekend. Will have more pictures as we enjoy ourselves here.



Come on back when you get a chance, the more the merrier.
Dan







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home