Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Oh wow, I just realized today is Friday the 13th. I thought I had better warn all of our friends. I hope you made it through the day with no problems. If you did not realize it then I am sure all is well with you. If you had a bad day, blame it on the 13th falling on a Friday.
We finished the cotton harvest yesterday. I got invited back for next year. I find it a great way to pay our taxes and insurance on the house, which are both due. Teri worked a day with us this year. Seems she got paid about 3 times what I did. She has been sick all week so that helped her to start feeling better. It worked better than flowers arriving in front of friends.
I got the oil changed on the motorhome this afternoon. Had no excuse, sun was out and the temperature was 65 degrees. Also did a little cleaning under the engine hatch. I hate a dirty engine or surrounding area. Seems that was the last of a long list. So, I just added another item or two. I have a new set of transmission lines. Maybe I will see if I can change them out tomorrow. Will have a 4 year old grandson here to help me.
I guess that is about it from here. No call on the vdub this week. Has been 4 weeks now. I will wait another week and then call if I don't hear anything. We want to get it home before it snows up there. I think the GMC is ready to roll now. Am having visions of Quartzsite. Can't wait to get out there.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Blogger the world around us said...

I know what you mean when you say you get tired waiting for others to do a job for you. When we bought the present van, we had to wait a whole month for the dealer to get it ready for us to pick up. It was a good job he is only four blocks away from our home.
Seeing you are so good at mechanics on your motorhome, I thought I would ask if you could help me crawl under ours to jack it up for the winter?
Wilf and Elizabeth Blakey
Kirkland Lake,Ontario,Canada

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home