Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pictures Along Our Way

Here is where we were parked in Roscoe. Just can not say enough good about the folks who attend services here. Our dear friends, Russ and Glynna. they really helped us get through Texas with no snow related problems. Russ is also a ham radio operator and likes tinkering so I let him keep his eye on the internet weather for us and he saved us a lot of headaches along the way. Teri and I can't wait to hook back up with them. We have a lot in common so they are very easy to visit with.


We left Roscoe before daylight. Teri took this picture of the blinking lights.

Just a couple of minutes later you can see what the lights are. These wind turbines are everywhere along I-20 from just east of Sweetwater to a ways west of Roscoe. I love seeing that they continue to put up more. Just a few years back there were some on the south side of I-20
around Sweetwater. Now, like I said, they are everywhere. I hope they make lots of electricity.


Oh yea, here is proof. The speed limit in West Texas is 80 mph. I was doing 55 and hugging the right shoulder as folks blew by us. Now, if I was in the car, we would be doing at least 80. I love this. We saw troopers out here and they were stopping folks. I could not believe it. Maybe they were doing 90. I had to laugh. Give us 10 mph and we want 20.



When we see this sign we know that we are almost here. You can see the mountains in the background, just barely as they are covered with clouds. The snow was coming and we could see it.


As I have stated Teri and I had perfect weather to travel in. Most of that was because Russ kept us advised. He even called us in Dexter a couple of times making sure that we knew the interstate was closed and the weather was bad. He found us that window and we shoved on through. Thanks again Russ.
Hope everyone is enjoyiing their last week of the year. Wehn my kids were small I always took this week off to be home with them. I wonder if they remember those days. Thanks for riding with us. You can see us run around out here, in the car, by hitting the tracker and looking for WD0AFQ-1
Dan





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home