Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Weather

Teri and I are pretty much sitting on go. We have everything just about ready to hit the road. Our daughter here wants us to come over xmas eve so we will hang around until then. We have our 6 year old grandsone spending the night tonight. What a time we are having. Two others were here Thursday night for a sleepover. Trying to get in all the quality time we can with the kids before we leave for the winter. There are 3 grandkids in Az. that we can't wait to see. Had the opportunity last week to visit the three in Indiana. We have 3 in Tn. but we rarely see them. Maybe things will change there and we can see them more as their parents learn not to work so much.
We will leave when the weather channel says there will be good weather across Tx. for at least two days in a row. If we get three then we plan to stop and visit our good friends Glynna and Russ in Sweetwater.
I will have WD0AFQ as the identifier on the tracker in the motorhome so be looking for us out on the road.
Hope everyone has a good week and gets some good family visiting in over the holidays.
We don't celebrate Jesus' birth, as many do. We do celebrate his death and resurrection every Sunday as we have learned to do from Acts chapter 20, verse 7. He instituted His supper of rememberance with the apostles before he left and we keep it, as He instructed, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. Romans 14:6 lets us know to respect others who esteem one day above another. Should you celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Jesus, Merry Christmas. If you just enjoy the spirit of giving during this time of year, Merry Christmas.
Dan

4 Comments:

At December 21, 2009 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Ron said...

Dan, Enjoy reading your blog and your travels. We had a Allegro for nine years and traveled quite a bit but never went full time. Spent most of one winter in Yuma and Texas. May the Lord bless you & Teri.

Ron
Gallatin TN

 
At December 21, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks Ron. Just before we purchased the GMC Teri and I toured the Allegro plant. That was our "pick". Bob Tiffin is the greatest guy when it comes to his coaches. Anyone near Red Bay, Al. should stop in and take the tour.
Dan

 
At December 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM , Blogger newyorker said...

Hi Dan,
I've enjoyed reading your blog. I plan to retire next year and I love the idea of traveling this beautiful country. I am attracted to the GMC and I've been researching and learning all that I can. The first GMC was made in 1973 and I believe that some improvements were made each year. In your opinion is the 1973 more prone to having problems? I learned that the bogie pins were smaller in 1973 and they beefed them up in later years. I'm thinking that this would be an expensive and specialized endeavor and perhaps I should only consider looking at 1974 or later GMC's.
I look forward to your upcoming trip. I need to leard more about the tracker you mentioned so that I can follow you on your adventures.
John

 
At December 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks John, send me an email with GMC in the title. I will fill you in. gregg_danathotmail.com

I will also put a link up for the tracker in case we have new followers. The plan is to leave Thurs afternoon or Friday morning, depending on the weather.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home