Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a Day

We have had a great trip over here with Jim and Grace. We laugh so hard at times. Good medicine. It has rained for both days of our trip So, I really don't have any photos that I can post until after we arrive at the convention. I do not want to jeopardize anything that we have planned for. That's about all I can say about that. There is going to be 100 dollars changing hands real soon.
the cotton picking tracker quit right when we left Duncan yesterday. I finally installed another one that I brought for a spare somewhere around Deming. It appears to be working as it should. It does not show the RV but our volkswagen. I will reprogram it when we get to the convention so it reads out for the GMC instead of the baja.
The coach is running great. I have added a qt. of oil in 900 miles. Seems to be getting better with mileage. We have 1500 miles on it now. Runs good at 55 or 75. It likes 65 mph with the 355 final drive and 245 tires. I was really glad to drop 4,000 ft. today. While my ears are killing me I can now use the vacuum gauge to drive the coach. It holds 14 easy while pulling the car and running 60-65 mph now. Out in the high altitude the only place the gauge was of any value was when climbing mountains. I would do my best to keep it above 5. Most of the time that was very possile.
Missed the ice cream factory but that is ok. I am running the ice cream socials at the convention. I will get plenty to eat there. We pulled into a Walmart, 20 miles beyond the ice cream factory, for the night.  Jim and I accomplished a few things then we had supper here in our coach, fried chicken. Last night we ate at a steak house. Lots of great visiting both nights.
So, that's it for now. Thanks for all of the emails today. Is great to know that our friends are watching out for us as we travel. We had to run the furnace this morning. It was cold. Much warmer here. Won't dance as fast in the shower in the morning, I hope.
Hang with us, we are about one hour away from the convention site. We will have lots of pictures in a day or two.
Dan

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 8:10 PM , Blogger carl s said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures.
Those of us who could not attent can live vicariously through you (again).

Glad to hear both coaches are doing so well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home