Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Enroute to Calhoun, Ga. GMC Eastern States Spring Rally

We left Dexter at 8am. headed for the river. Did some geocaching before we got to the river, in Hayti. I think we grabbed 5 caches in that little town.

We ran into a place that builds these little 49cc 3 wheelers. Pretty neat, 600 bux.

On the Tn. side of the river. We found every cache we looked for this morning. Look hard in that underbrush. Yep, that is Teri in there digging around.Today was such a pretty day. Everyone was outside in Tn.

Adamsville, Tn. Home of the late Buford Pusser.  We could not find this cache. The only one we missed out of 30, all day long. I thought I would get my picture in here today. I loved those movies.



Look who else is buried in the same cemetary.


Savanna, Tn.




Tractor on a pole was the name of the cache Teri grabbed here. We were on 64 all afternoon.

A neat little store with a cache outside. Teri bought cards here.

A cache here too. Belonged to the Boy Scout Troop.

And, here is where we landed for the night. Got here in time for Bible Study and are parked on their lot for the night. We are three miles north of the 64-I65 junction. I mean we are in the boonies. Met some great folks at this little congregation, way out in the country. We found it because of a sign they had posted on the main road.
I have gobs of pictures but I can't load them all on here. I believe we photographed each of the 30 caches but you don't want to see those. We are enjoying the sceneary so I want you to enjoy it too. Was an absolutley beautiful day across southern Tn. We drove 260 miles on the backroads. Have you ever heard of Finger, Tn? I always wanted to see it, so today we did. We were on a real pig trail but we saw it and shaved 8 miles off the trip.
Won't get in too big a hurry to leave. Whenever we wake up and get our showers will be when it happens. Ride with us on the tracking system. 180 miles is all we have left. Not going to check in until Fri. morning so we have time to kill.
Friday is just around the corner.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home