Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Day of Geocaching in Our GMC Motorhome

Take a look at where we slept last night. Boy, graveyards are quiet places to sleep. This was my first but may not be my last. Think about it, folks just don't cruise graveyards at night. Spooky I guess. We took off about 730 am, headed to Henderson to capture our first caches of the day.

I believe this was Teri's 3rd one this morning in Henderson.

This was also in Henderson. It was a bit chilly and very windy.

Teri at an artesian well. Pretty neat and right beside the road.

Wonder how they know these indians were here in 1 AD. And, they call that prehistoric?

Lots of these antique junk places along our route. The Pickers, from the History Channel, would love the route we took this week.

A quick grab in Jackson.

I love cemetaries.

The cotton picking Robins and Mocking Birds would not let us close to the cache here. It was in a bush and there were several bird nests in there.

It was so windy yesterday, and today, that we removed the bra from the GMC. I was using a couple of bungie chords and I see that is not good on windy days. I will figure out different straps before our next trip.

Check out the cache here. A refector on this road sign. It was an Altoids can with the reflector on it. I liked it.

We had a State Trooper here with us. Teri walked up and told him what we were doing. He was fine with it. Teri grabbed it and we were on our way.

Look at this old Ford pickup that greeted us as we arrived back in Dexter. I used to own one just like it. Had a souped up 100 horse flathead in it.
Was a great trip. We visited with a dear couple that we had not seen in over two years. Had a very good time visiting and being in some great technical seminars, at the rally. Was nice to learn that some graveyards are good parking for the night. Always looking for dry camping spots as we travel. too expensive to rent a spot in a rv park for one night. Have learned a little about how an automatic transmission works. We had some shifting problems on our way home. I think I can fix it with the information I have received. Took the scooter but never needed to unload it. Without a toad behind the GMC we can go most places a car can. But, I need to stop trying to turn around on a two lane blacktop. Still got mud in the trailer hitch and lodged in the back of the rear bumper, ha. Maybe Teri will work on that tomorrow.
Thanks for taking the trip with us. 900 miles and no real mishaps. Maybe you were our good luck charm.
Supper time.
Dan

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Enjoyed the post and pics as always

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home