Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

Take a look @ this. Do you think the kid is excited to own a gator head? A friend from church purchased it for him down in Florida.


A shot after lunch. I just does not get much better than this. My daughter called and had me over for lunch. Teri is gone for a couple of days. It was great. Seems like just a few days ago that she was the size of these kids. Now she has three of her own and another on the way.
 Being a grandpa is much better than being a father. No doubt about it. Seems nowadays, though, I get treated like a kid by my own children. When I bring a grandchild home,  and that child tends to be a little sassy, I get the blame. Then, I get punished as the child is told that they can not go home with grandpa for a while. What???? I can't win for losing. See, that is one reason I say why can't we have grandkids without ever having their parents. Something just ain't right.
Two of my girls sent me a big box of soft pepermint candy. That is the stuff I control the grandkids with. I really appreciated them thinking of me and saving me a pocket ful of money. Next year, send me some peanuts too.
Seems to me that my father was not all that smart, that is until I got to be about 35. He really wised up in a hurry. I really miss him. I am hoping I can get a lot smarter real soon. My son is now 35. I bet it takes me until he reaches 40 though, what do you bet. We will see.
Happy Father's Day to all of you dads. Some guys are just sperm donors. It takes a real man to be a dad. I appreciate all of the dads that really step up and take their position seriously. We rarely saw a guy in prison that had a real dad.
Well, I am at church camp. It is 127 degrees up here. I should have cut the air on last night. Now, the air has been on for 90 minutes, in the coach, and it is down to 98.4 in here. I am going in to the cafeteria. the heck with the nascar race. It is cool in the kitchen.
Will have pictures later in the week.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home