Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Big Show Has Begun

Just when I thought the lot was full, last night, dog gone if they didn't double the number of vehicles in there.Did I wake up at 630 am? Nope. Was 740 am when Teri finally got me awake. I showered and was at the show by 810 am. Found just the right parking spot for me. No one would block me.

Wrong. When I got ready to leave they had blocked the drive I was on. I saw a lady about to park in the grass. I asked her to hold on and then I just rolled the Vdub down and out. She got my spot.

It is crazy here, with Vdubs. I walked around for a while then found a shady spot to park my rear, in Gary's chair. He was not using it so I grabbed it.

Sat with Gary for a while then the shade left us. Time to move.

Tried to get a good shot of Roy's machine but the sun would not cooperate.

Some of these folks are really serious and will be upset if they don't win first place.

I registered our baja as a show only. It is not a judged class. Hey, I built it for me, not for others. This is my daily driver so there is no way it can be a perfect car. It is a "fun" car and our grandkids love it. That is all the judging I need.

I think there are 32 shots here and not too many dupes from yesterday.

We have the parade at 3 so we will head back for that. Marci Clare is looking forward to doing the "princess wave" from the passenger seat.


Can you spot your buddy's rig in here? IF he made it, I got a picture.

Several For Sale cars.
Now, this is a wanted fella in Mo. there are several posters scattered about the vehicles this morning. Seems he makes buttons of folks' Vdub and mails them to the owner. No one knows who it is. Why hasn't he mailed me one? Do I need to post my address?

Of all the states represented here I do believe Missouri has the most vehicles here.

This one belongs to a girl named Darla. She is on the aircooledmissouri.com net but I have not met her yet. She overslept too as she was still parked here at Leatherwood and waved as I went by at 8 am.

Caught this guy sneaking out of the campground at 1030 am. I guess he really slept late.


Our neighbor, Dave, from Tulsa. Teri and I know his parents in Colorado.

And, here is our baja back home. Nice and cool out here and it loves the shade.
That's it til parade time.
Dan

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Looks like fun. When I was in high school I used to drive my dad's '60 VW bus. It had been converted to a mobile 'donut wagon' and Dad had bought it for the 5.5K Onan generator it had in it. The thing was ugly and gutless, bu I had fun with it. I was working on painting it bright yellow, with spray bombs. We had to leave it in PA. when we moved back to Tucson because it would have taken at least a week to drive it the 2,400 miles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home