Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Owning a GMC Motor Home

What a ride. I just hate to pull this thing into our driveway. It handles so well I just want to keep going. We have driven 800 miles in one day in this thing. Not too many motorhomes drive well enough to do this. Can't wait for our next trip in it. I got it washed and vacuumed. It is ready for another trip.
We were coming down a hill in a small Arkansas town yesterday morning, about 830 am. There was a good climb coming up the other side. Right at the bottom a chubby chick pulled her Dodge Ram pickup right out in front of us. I just rolled right up to her bumper. She slammed her brake lites on and started talking to me with her finger, all the while looking at me in her rear view mirror. I mean I was close enough to see that she had brown eyes. Well, I have excellent brakes so I just stayed on her rear. I knew I had the climb coming. Finally she flipped her left blinker on and tried to stop me as she turned into her favorite resturant. I just acted like I did not see her and went on around her on the right side. Why do people do that? If she had looked before she pulled out she would have seen me right there. Not her though. As far as she was concerned she was the only one out yesterday morning. When she finally saw me behind her she had plans to control me. I figure she has absolutly no authority in her life so she was pretending now that she was the boss.
How funny folks are when behind the wheel. I am sure she grabbed her favorite breakfast while telling all of the boys how she put me in her place. I never let on like I saw her fingering and lipping me.
Oh well, some folks own the hiways I guess.
Got the coach and two cars all cleaned up. Mowed the grass and had a long scooter ride this evening. I really enjoy an evening scooter ride. I can let my mind wander as long as there is no other traffic around me. Just before dark is my favorite time to click off 30-40 miles. The little thing will keep up with the traffic on the 4 lane at 65 mph. Hits 70 if I really lean forward and hunker down. My favorite it just cruising the country roads at 40-50 mph. The grandkids love to ride, especially Marci Claire.
I guess thats about it for today. Think Teri and I are about to have a bowl of popcorn. Thats about all I get after supper now. Teri has me on a diet. I did sneak some peanuts Sunday evening though.
Oh, got the oil changed in the Vibe too. Think I will rest up Wednesday.
See ya later.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home