Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Parade of Volkswagens

A few shots of cars as we were lining up for the parade through town.

Several for sales. Think this was a 66. Looked pretty good. 5500.00.

Another.A little chopped job.

Lots of buggies here.

This one lined up behind me for the parade. I saw him leaving the campground this morning .Nice looking baja.

And we are off. for thos of you that have been here, we did the old hiway 62 through town. Some drive in a bug staying in first gear. We were near the front of the group but still saw a few overheated and on the sidelines.

Now, I am thinking, since we are in the front, why not find a shady spot near the end of the run and park to see the ones behind us.So, we did just that. We picked up a bag full of candy that was thrown to Marci Claire by those behind us. Lots of beautiful cars and buses in the parade.

I picked another spot to pull off a second time to watch. Here sat this guy with his bus, in the shade. There was a store there so Teri and Marci Claire went inside to look at junk. I stayed and visited with the bus owner. I was telling him about those that over heated. He said he never has to worry about that. I looked under the box we were sitting on. Look what I found.

Oh yes, a Ford 302. This guy has it figured out.


One more for sale. There were a couple of these at the show. Rare to see them.
It was a fun day. I visited with old friends and made new. This has been a very worthwhile trip. The campground will be full of busses and bugs tonite. I think they plan to park outside our coach, or near by.
Thanks for making this trip with us. I hope you have enjoyed it half as much as we have. tomorrow we have a 45 mile run to make up to Mo. state line and around the two lakes. It is going to be lots of fun so come with us if you can. Check the tracker for today to see the parade route. Sunday you can check the tracker, link above, and follow us on the 45 mile run, if you wish.
See ya Sunday,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home