Friday, September 3, 2010

Finally, We Have Three Days Off In A Row

Oh wow, and all of those big three letter words. Labor Day is upon us. I can use a three day weekend. Teri just keeps me hopping. Hope we can rest up as we drive to our daughter's in Logansport, In. in the morning. 400 miles and about 7 hours, depending on how many geocaches we stop for.
Check out my grandson brothers. The youngest stayed all night with grandpa. He helped me work on the vdub and was right there when I twisted the valve adjuster into two pieces. We had to make a quick run to the bug shop in Poplar Bluff. Hey, I am no dummy, I bought a spare. When Mom came to pick up Rylan she could not understand why he had grease on his arms and face. I told her he was my main helper today. He kept on me to let him help. I would give him a wrench to hold. Finally he said "grandpa, I got to get greasy like you or I am not helping" Cracked me up. Next thing I know he is under the bug. When he came out he had grease all over himself just like he wanted. Rylan was a great helper to grandpa and we got the valves set just like they are supposed to be. Was then time for a scooter ride. He was on me from the time we got up to hit the road on the scooter. So, after a bite for lunch, off we went. I knew his brother and sister had school in the park this morning so we snuck over there and he tooted the horn when he saw them to let them know he was the man today. The kids take turns staying so it is his big brother's turn next week.Check this out. These are buttons with pictures of Marci Claire and me from the Vdub festival last week in Eureka Springs. This is the funniest thing. There is a guy/gal on our Missouri aricooled net who gets pictures and sends them to people, on buttons. None of us know who it is so the nickname Button Bandit has been placed on the person. What a way to lighten up folks' day. That's what life should be about, doing for others.
Well, there you have it. I got the scooter washed now it is time for the Vibe to get cleaned up. We are taking it to Indiana. If we did not have to be home Wednesday I would take the motorhome. Not worth it for a short trip though.
And, last but not least, hope everyone enjoys a few days off from work, play, or whatever you do. Life is good, Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home