Sunday, October 3, 2010

GMC Work Rally

We left the GMC convention yesterday morning and headed straight to the hospital in Cape. Our daughter had her 4th child and we had to get there. The boy was not yet 24 hours old when we arrived. I have pictures and will put them on another posting soon.
Rob and Helen came over after the convention. Rob had a noise in one of the rear wheels. He had me drive the coach while he listened. Was the right front rear wheel. So, today we headed to Autozone and picked up the correct Timken bearings and seals.
I know now I want disc brakes on the rear of my GMC. Rob has better brakes than I do.
The bearing was dry. What grease that was left had been very hot. Rob jumped in ang got the first one off. We also checked the others and replaced bearings and seals in the left side front rear wheel.
Here is the little greaser he picked up at Autozone. I think I need one in my tool box.
All finished and going back on.
Rear disc brake goes back on. All is well.
Well, Rob and Helen plan to head out tomorrow. Teri and I are Back in the cotton patch in the morning. Seems they did not pick cotton while we were away. That is great. We will now have another week of work. That should help buy rear disc brakes for the GMC.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I will back track and get my new grandson on the next posting.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home