Saturday, December 11, 2010

Living in a GMC Motorhome

I thought I would get out and get a few shots for the blog today. Here, I found a horse drawn wagon in downtown Duncan. Tonight was Christmas in Duncan and today they were having all kinds of activities in the park.

I spotted this old bus converted into a work van parked at the local resturant.

You can see there were lots of folks gathered in Duncan today. this is a very old western town. the towns are 40 miles apart out here. Duncan is on hiway 70 between Lordsburg and Safford. I was told the 40 mile seperation was due to the old steam trains. They needed water every 40 miles so towns sprang up. Duncan is a very rural little town. I would guess 500 folks inside the city limits. the first woman Supreme Court Justice is from here.

And, these two bad boys are always ready for a fire.

If you look close you can see an old flat nosed Revcon motorhome here. Has been parked in the same spot ever since I have been coming to this area, 10 years. I think it may be a chicken coop. I took the shot for my friend Dave who owns one of these GMC wannabes. See, they have the same drivetrain as a GMC but just butt ugly.

A look out our front door.

Tonight was the "light parade" in Duncan. Lots of folks present for this. Teri and I had a very good time visiting with old friends as the parade passed by.


Lots of floats. I am trying to take these pictures with no flash. That is why some are blurry. You can still get the jest.



There were some really pretty floats passing by. Lots of work went into stringing these lights.


Our oldest daughter. She has grown antlers.

Our oldest granddaughter, in the green.

And last but not least, Santa.

Just wanted to show you a bit of the scenery out here and the parade. Really brought folks together here. We attend lots of various gatherings when we are here so I feel right at home and can call many folks by name.
Of course, living in a GMC motorhome is fun. When we are ready for different scenery we just fire it up and move along.
Thanks for stopping by. I know everyone is enjoying their weekend. Too close to Christmas not to be happy. I do also know that many lonley folks get lonlier around the holidays. If you know someone in that shape, make it a point to involve them in something. They need people around them during these times.
Catch you later,
Dan

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Great post Dan. Enjoyed the pics.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home