Monday, January 3, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The good first. Look at this bowl. I love M&Ms and dark chocolate. There is none left in that bowl.

Some bull being shot at our New Year's Eve gathering. Great friends we have here in Duncan.

Finger food? I dove in with both hands.

Why do the ladies always eat at the table where the food is?

We get stuck in here so they can count how many times we walk back to the food table to fill our plates.
We had a great time with some great people. I think this was our 3rd or 4th New Year's Eve at Al and Anne's place. Hope to make many more with them.

Blow this picture up and you will see snow covered Mt. Graham 40 miles away. We had that here along with 12 degree lows. Not good for a motorhome life. So, that was the bad. Things are looking up. It is 62 degrees here at 2 pm. Teri and I have been working on our brakes. The market closed up 92 pts. I need that to keep happening so Teri and I can prolong our RV Life out here for years to come.

And now for the ugly. Can you figure out what this is? With 3 days of 12 degree lows these two items froze up. The black box, up front, is a 12 volt sewer gate. It stuck. The motor behind, that is the sewer pump. It froze. What does that mean? You guessed it. Can't dump the sewer tank. If it gets full we are in trouble. I dumped it after seeing the forecast so we were able to make it. Yesterday afternoon I kept hitting the switches, nothing. Then, at 5 pm, magic. A thaw had occurred. Oh boy. I dumped that thing in a hurry. I look at the weather every evening now to see what our forecast is. Don't want to freeze up with a full tank for sure. This is not a normal thing out here. I had it happen in 08. If I camped where it was below freezing on a regular basis, which I won't, this would be set up a bit different so it would not freeze up as easily.
Life is good once again. Hope everyone had a great day back at work today.
Dan

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We are looking to purchase our first GMC and I found your blog while researching. I'd be interested to see how you would freeze-proof your dump tank. Is that a macerator system in that picture?

I know you could get an electric pipe heater that you could wrap around the pipes. It shouldn't draw much current and if you didn't want to run it from the batteries, it still shouldn't take too long to thaw after a freeze.

I'd be interested to learn more about the tracker you have installed. Would be fun for the parents to know where we are!

Thanks,
Bob

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home