Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Roadmaster RV Brake, Customer Service

Well, things have been a little slow so we decided this morning was a good time to get the new tires mounted on Teri's car. We were up a couple of times last night watching the eclipse. I will be honest, I just could not sleep. I would not have gotten up to see it. It was pretty neat. I am sure many of you either saw it or have seen pictures. Out in the Southwest the sky is normally clear at night and lots of stars. A little cloudy last night but not bad. Teri and I had a good look at it. We had to get up early to get over the mountains into Safford. I saw the sun come up. Got to Safford about 720 am to get the tires mounted. I bought them from a large tire dealer via the internet. They came yesterday by UPS.

Just a shot of Mt. Graham this morning with a few clouds hanging around. It is almost 11,000 feet to the top.

Got my new LED brake light mounted today. I have a flasher on it so when I hit the brake pedal it flashes. Has two flasing patterns for about 5 seconds then holds solid. I mounted it to the solar panel frame. I want folks behind me to know when I touch my brakes.

Just another desert shot.
I think Teri wants to take the kids geocaching Wednesday so we should have some good pictures.
As yall know I have had all kind of brake problems. One of my problems has been the portable brake that we use in the car when we tow it. When I hit the brake pedal on the motorhome the brake in the car comes on to help stop us. This is the fourth time it has broken since the Fall of 06. Needless to say I am very upset. It is now losing air and runs for a minute, stops for a minute and starts over. It ran my car battery down before I realized I had a problem. It also locked up and flatspotted two front tires on the car. That's one reason we got new tires. The other reason is because they had 60,000 miles on them and were about worn out.
So, I emailed Roadmaster about my problem. To make a long story short, one of their "higher ups" called me today. They know how many times this brake has been worked on and now the tank is leaking at the seams. oday, they shipped me a rebuild at no cost. Also, they have given me credit for what this thing cost new on a new modern version of a brake. It won't be a potable unit like this so I don't have to put it in and take out. I have until March 2011 to claim the credit and purchase a much better braking system.
Now, how is that for service? I think they have gone above and beyond. I just wanted this thing fixed but they want it back and want me to have a new one. I like that. They are not the only RV people like this. Kipor did a similar thing for me on our little portable generator a couple of years after the warranty expired.
So, now you understand the title of today's blog. I like it when people treat me like I am "someone". Makes me feel good. I think folks know I have a big mouth. Fantastic Vent did a similar thing for us a few years ago too. I found out that they read the RV forums when they called thanking me for the free advertisement, ha.
Hope all are well. See you tomorrow when you come geocaching with us again in the mountainous desert of the Southwest.
Buy Roadmaster,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home